Friday, May 28, 2010

When Little Ones Fall Ill

Nothing overshadows the worry over a sick child.

I think one of the things I’ve observed with friends, children of friends etc… with any type of cancer, is the length of time, before you know if the treatment is working. You can’t decided if time is going too fast or slow.

Three people I know that had a type b lymphoma's have been considered cured. So, I like that and it’s reason to be very optimistic. Still, the fear of the worst lingers.

I know what it’s like to be home one day and be reeling at the Children's Hospital the next. Trying to eat something off the “parent cart”. They have an excellent chef at the cafeteria there and yet the food is just a nuisance to have to consume each day. The difference is, that with the exception of my husband, when I didn’t know what his outcome would be for over 3 weeks, that I usually had some solid answers within 24 hours regarding a sick child.

My darling sister-in-law will have her best resource with the support groups at the hospital, for parents in her shoes and the mothers that come in that have been in her shoes. People that say things like “I wish someone had told me ….” and "something that I found helpful".

I just can’t imagine because cancer is so unique, so she’s in, I think, the best place for all. I have high confidence for her son in their hands as well as family support for them, from the hospital I mean. I know they have “family” support as in all of us and people to help care for their other children, but they need people that have been there.

They know they are loved, that there is an enourmous amount of concern for their family. They know there are prayers being said in their behalf by hundreds in numerous places around the world. They are a faithful family.

I'm at a complete loss for words, I guess I just wanted to make a "post", since I'm not a good blogger. I post this because I want to "DO" something, anything, but, there is nothing I can DO, except offer prayers, support, love ...

Because, really, I want to just "fix it', just like everyone else does.

Oh, how I wish I could!