Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New York City

What is it about New York City? My husband has made me love it! He served his mission there about 28 years ago and has this love for it which is easy to rub off on anyone. Flying in or out the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island is always such a beautiful sight. The theater is just unique there, even if you see the same play in some other city. Ray's pizza is just the only pizza there really is. Should I even mention the stores? Most things I see, I can't afford and most likely wouldn't spend the money on those items if I could, but they are fun to look at or ... try on!

We saw Wicked and Jon (my husband) somehow managed to get 2nd row center seats. It was amazing and I feel like we really lucked out on the cast, I can't imagine the original cast was better. In any case we always have such a wonderful time there. It's truly an amazing city and is the Rome of our time. However, I can't imagine living there with children, of course people with children are quick to point out all of the advantages. I still think my back yard is the best place in the world though.

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

I love NYC too, just because people there were nice to me :) I'm glad you got to go...but oy! the fall....so sorry...but it's a memory you'll always carry with you of your trip! I want to see Wicked and Billy Elliot!