Friday, August 28, 2009

They'll Delete Me if I Quit

The start of school is always an interesting time of year. The kids, no matter what the age, are filled with anxieties, anticipation, excitement, sleep deprevation, shopping and all that comes with the new school year. I think parents have that same list only for different reasons.

Many of our anxieties revolve around theirs; will they be well accepted, will they make new friends, are they up to the task of the next levels and etc... When we have more than one child I think we feel everything doubled for each child. It doesn't even matter what they are doing, are they entering military service, church service, college, AP Highschool classes, Jr. High - yikes, the lone sibling in elementary school? There is just so much to worry about and so I find that I can't think about any of it. I can't change anything by worry and I can't remove the hurdles of lfe. So, I suppose if we just do our best, give advice when asked for it, or not - if they're young enough to not try to stop you. Then ... things will fall where they may and then you work through those.

Sounds like good sound logic to me. I just can't do it, I still worry about everything and everyone. I want to fix stuff, you know? I want to make everything all better and nice. That's not a good thing so I'm sure it's best that it isn't that way, but it doesn't stop me from wishing.

What I like about the new school year, is that for a time again, I get to begin and end in September, just like I spent the first 24 years of my life. I didn't enjoy the January to January thing ~ it's werid.

I'm enjoying the new school year and hopefully this busy September and all of the changes and new things to adjust to, worst of all new time schedules! It will really warm up my October with a sense of order, consistancy and the calm that things are settled down a bit. That with a nice cup of hot chocolate with the first snow or Halloween eveing! Let it Snow!!!!!

Oh, and I'm not loving acorns, dead leaves (love the fall colors, BEFORE they fall), harvest is just at a bad time, much of my garden will go to waste.

"It makes you want to buy a boquet of sharpened pencils" ~ "You've Got Mail" I still have to buy new boxes of Crayola brand crayons, nothing smells better, well maybe a new Pink or Gum eraser!

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

Don't quit!! Do it for me!! :) I hear you, I prefer Sept to Sept....Jan to Jan is weird. I have never gotten into it. The beginning is the beginning of the school year. :) I love Fall....perfect weather....just like Spring :)
I like the smell of crayons, glue and sharpened pencils. Think it comes in a bottle?