Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Counting Blessings

I have actually written down even the most trivial blessings, so that I can review them and attitude adjust when I'm feeling not so great.
However, today, after reading another post, I've decided to write what about each of my children makes me smile! (immitation is the sincerest form of flattery!)
David makes me smile when he calls me just to talk - he's always done that and I have so enjoyed so many of our conversations - even if we end up chatting until 2 am. He is a person that is so kind hearted and sincerely non-judgemental of others, I can learn much from him.
Michael, is so quick witted and can warm your heart with his smile. He's actually very funny and creative and I really enjoy his efforts to be a good big brother and he truly takes over and cares for many aspects of our home.
Daniel, is truly a soul without guile, he warms my heart and is ALWAYS kind to me and such a huge help, he makes every effort to do what I ask. He teaches me things, which I love, since he's such an excellent student. He just walked in my office and said - "oh mom did you know I love you?", see what I mean?
Nathan, again is truly a sweet and warm hearted person to the core. He still want's a lot of hugs and dosn't seem to be embarrassed even when at school - big deal for a kid his age! Many times he just is happy to be with me and read or hang out a bit. (He still spends much time with friends though! and he has many)
Andrew, oh is my little sweetie, still. He has to have multiple snuggles daily, and the truth is so do I! He is so helpful and can't wait until he's old enough to do his own laundry - go figure that one. He's also extremely honest, to the point we are working on softening it a bit. He'll tell you the complete truth. yikes!
So, today, that is what makes me smile! And they are my silver linings every day, no matter what!
So, count your blessings, write them down and re-read often!

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

Better to be an optimist and smile than a pessimist who frowns all the time...much happier to be the one looking for the silver lining! Thanks for reminding me again to do that! :) I need daily reminders.