Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nice Visits - Sisters...

I'm so excited that my cousin is coming to visit with me. This is a huge deal because I was raised an only child and she is my "sister". Now, I have since met (3 years ago or so) my biological family ~ whole different story there.

I hear other people talk and how they get together with their sisters, and laugh, watch old home movies and laugh some more. They have sleepovers at cabins or go somewhere fun or they all gather at various homes. I've missed that.

But, now, my sweet cousin is coming and we have so much fun. It's girl talk. I don't think men have anything that comes close to "girl talk". Do men ever get the giggles like we still can? I have always envied those with sisters that grew up together. Well, the truth is my cousin and I did get to grow up together. Every holiday and I remember her spending weekends, it was fun. I was older and very bossy (could have been the only child thing), I'm glad she still likes me.

Her little brother put up with us too. He was so darling, I think back on him and with the eyes I now have of a mother and think that he was just the cutest little boy in the world and how did he ever deal with those older girls, especially me, the bossy cousin.

Anyway, I'm happy that now and again, I get the chance to be a "sister" and enjoy those times. We only get to do this once every 2 years or so, so i'm really looking forward to it.

We have so, much to share, so much to laugh at, cry over, toe nails to paint etc...

I teased my sister-in-law about preparing like Martha Stewart, ribbons around towel sets ... you know all of those really lovely things you'd love to do to prepare a guest room, if you didn't have a life in the way and sucking up all the time. See my last post for that one.

Ok, enjoy your "sisters", biological or not!

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

Hallelujia sister! You are my sister too! I know you didn't have a choice with the in law part, but you can come over here and giggle anytime :) Have fun with your sister cousin :)